Monday, December 5, 2011

Thinking Long Term!


          Greetings, and blessings be to God the Father and Jesus Christ.  So here we are again approaching the most hectic and least restful time of year.  Yeah, that’s right, It’s Christmas!   It is that season we often forget why we even celebrate it.  So take some time to really dwell on the birth of Jesus the Messiah and actually how exciting this event really is.  It really is exciting.  So much so that in Luke 1:39-45, when Mary carrying the Lord Jesus in her womb met with Elizabeth, who was carrying John the Baptist in her womb had something amazing take place.  Remember John is the one who prepared the way of the Lord to come, that even in his mothers womb He recognized the Messiah in Mary’s Womb.  John leaped in Elizabeth’s womb and she was filled with the Holy Spirit upon just entering the presence of Jesus even in His mother’s womb.  Moral of the story, Do we recognize His Presence?

            I would like to share with what the Lord is showing me and speaking to me about.  I don’t mean something just in this point of my life but what He is preparing me for and really all of us for the rest of our life!   I can’t even describe what goes on inside me when I think about and pray in my heart with what I am about to share.  It may be a bit controversial , but the truth always is! This will be such a brief overview and is condensed for the sake of your attentiveness.  It will take time to really lay this out in future post!

          We are on our way to Post-Christian America!  Here are some statistics that show the trend, and speak  loudly of what is coming!

Builders generation (1924-1944) – 65% church engagement
                                             
Boomers generation (1945-1965) – 35% church engagement                                                  
Buster generation (1966-1983) – 15% church engagement
                                                                                         
Bridger generation (born after 1984) – 4% church engagement

USA has the 5th largest population of population between 5 to 14 year-old after India, China, Indonesia and Nigeria. Leonard Ravenhill declared that every generation’s preachers will be held accountable for their generation.
Human ingenuity, ideas, ideology, philosophy, political activism, strategy and   methodology fall short to turn a nation to back to God at a revolutionary force. We need an outpouring of the Spirit, and we need a historical revival in America. We need a historical revival that will shift the fundamental DNA of the civilization in America with revolutionary magnitude. If the statistics are accurately reflecting the downward spiral trend in the last 80 years, then no revival or renewal movement in the 20th century except the pre-1920s move of God has managed to turn this tide of “exodus” of worshipers. The moves of God in the 1940s, 1960-70s may have slowed it down.                                                                    Daniel Lim –IHOP CEO
As a Missionary, Preacher, and Lover of Jesus Christ, I take this very seriously.  I would like to point out that this moral decline is due to fatherless generation.  Children will do what they see done before them. They will actually mock exactly what they see leaders do in their lives.  There is a generation that sees passive men, immoral men, and lack of attentiveness toward children.  And we are now seeing the fruit of that.  It shouldn’t be common for 30 year old boys to be living at home with their parents playing video games, and never have taken on any responsibility in their lives.  Or the parents that just get a divorce when things get tough.  It is so easy to just give up not care what we are showing the generations after us!
50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end in divorce, according to Jennifer Baker of the Forest Institute of Professional Psychology in Springfield, Missouri.
According to enrichment journal on the divorce rate in America:
The divorce rate in America for first marriage is 41%
The divorce rate in America for second marriage is 60%
The divorce rate in America for third marriage is 73%


Or what about the youth pastor that just tries to be cool and be a friend to their students, when what they really need is a father figure.  I could go all day pointing out the problems, but it is time for a solution.
Malachi 4:5-6                                                                                                                                         
 5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet
   Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.
6 And he will turn 

   The hearts of the fathers to the children, 
   And the hearts of the children to their fathers,
   Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.” (NKJV)

I am being called to be one to go ahead and prepare a generation! To raise them up in being faithful, righteous, obedient, strong, tender, loving gentle and to stand against wickedness in these days and the days to come.  

 I was praying about my wife to come, and my children to come one day, and the Lord spoke to me and said “ Tim I am doing a work in you right now that will affect your great grandchildren”   Now I am single right now but, let me point out that the two men in the Bible that revealed the Fathers heart and had the greatest wisdom on marriage where single.  I am talking about Jesus and the Apostle Paul.  Now I am not called to be single but I am preparing my self now for marriage, my children and my great grandchildren to walk in the fruit of what I am sowing now! 

I have the honor of working in the Children’s Equipping Center ( CEC ) at IHOP.  And we are equipping  the children with the truth of who Jesus is.  It is amazing to see what a generation looks like and does when they are poured into and encouraged to see the generation ahead of them lead in such Godly wisdom.  We have the ONETHING Conference coming up, which is a young adult conference here in Kansas City hosted by IHOP, that will bring 30,000 people from around the world.  Within that there is a conference going on just in another room where the children are being taught the same content the adults are, and are learning to be e leaders themselves.  I will also be serving in in the CEC at the conference where we will have children from all around the world coming to get quipped to be messengers in their own generation.  It is time we lead by example! 



Next time I will explain some more of what this looks like and give some testimonies of my experience working in the CEC.   

Join me in the Moral Revolution of turning the hearts of the fathers back to the children and the Childrens hearts back to the fathers! 

I can’t do what I do without your support.  I am giving my self to equip the children, the teens, and the young adults around the world by preaching the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and actually leading by example. As a missionary I don’t get paid to do this!  Your support will help me to get trained myself at the IHOP Missions Base, and help me to get to the nations and equip them as well! 
Become a Partner Today, through Monthly gifts ! $25, $50, or $100 a month goes a long ways.   
For tax deductible purposes make Checks payable to:
 
Bradley Epworth Church                                             IHOP KC-Support
1316  W. Columbia Terrace                                        3535 East Red Bridge Rd.
Peoria, IL. 61606                                                         Kansas City, MO. 64137
Memo Check: Tim Fraim                                        Memo Check: Tim Fraim

Or Partner Electronically at the top Right side of this page:

May the Lord Bless richly with His love!

No comments:

Post a Comment